Saturday, December 03, 2005

Day Twenty

Scripture Read:
Ok today is a bit different, since I spent the day reading all of 1 Thessalonians, for day 20 I wanted to just talk about a song I heard a few weeks ago on the radio that really spoke to me.

I'll host the mp3 on one of my servers, so you can look for the link below.

It's the song called "What if" writen by Nicole Nordeman who is a very talented composer.

Basically the words that spoke to me is the lyrics to this song.

"What if you're right and he was just another nice guy?
What if you're right?
What if it's true? They say the cross will only make a fool of you.
And what if it's true?
What if he takes his palace in history, with all the prophets and the kings who taught us love and came in peace, but then the story ends?
What then?

But what if you're wrong?
What if there's more?
What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for?
What if you jump?
And just close your eyes?
What if the arms that catch you, catch you by surprise?
What if He's more than enough?
What if it's love?

What if you dig, What if you dig way down deeper than your simple-minded friends?
What if you dig?
What if you find a thousand more unanswered questions inside?
That's all you find.
What if you pick apart the logic and begin to poke the holes?
What if the crown of thorns is no more then folklore that must be told and retold

But what if you're wrong?
What if there's more?
What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for?
What if you jump?
And just close your eyes?
What if the arms that catch you, catch you by surprise?
What if He's more than enough?
What if it's love?

You've been running as fast as you can, you’ve been looking for a place you can land, for so long.
But what if you're wrong?
What if you jump?
And just close your eyes?
What if the arms that catch you, catch you by surprise?
What if He's more than enough?
What if it's love?








What it means to me:

In this song there are far more What if's for if God isn't real than if he is. That shows two things, the argument that if Jesus truely wasn't the son of God would be supported on a bunch of What if's, and if your going to make the argument that God isn't real by saying to "What if he isn't real?" then you also must ask yourself what if your wrong? To me it's a very powerful song, that also speaks to me.

I don't know about you at all, but if you can comprehend for a second, and take Jesus seriously about the fact that who he said he was is who he is ( not saying that I don't believe), your whole outlook for that second is going to change. Its just so hard to truely get the full grasp of it. This guy was the son of God. God in flesh. On earth, with us, knowing what its like to go through all the crap we deal with and more, and to make a huge sacrifice like he did. Can you honestly say that you can fully comprehend the agony he went through. I think as Christians we don't focus on the realness of Jesus Christ enough and this song basically challenges that. You either believe or you don't, I don't think you can be sitting on the fence about this.

Basically if you can understand what I'm saying here, then post a comment. Heck post a comment anyways. But take some time to imagine the realness of Jesus Christ before you post that comment.






Memory Verse:
"Jesus once again addressed them: 'I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in.'"
John 8:12



Download File

If you have a pop-up blocker, you have to disable it to download this file.

-Brent

No comments: