Thursday, November 17, 2005

Day Three and Day Four

I fell asleep when I got home yesterday...
>.>
Anyway here we go anyway.







Scripture Read:
Psalm 119
1You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by GOD.
2You're blessed when you follow his directions,
doing your best to find him.
3That's right--you don't go off on your own;
you walk straight along the road he set.
4You, GOD, prescribed the right way to live;
now you expect us to live it.
5Oh, that my steps might be steady,
keeping to the course you set;
6Then I'd never have any regrets
in comparing my life with your counsel.
7I thank you for speaking straight from your heart;
I learn the pattern of your righteous ways.
8I'm going to do what you tell me to do;
don't ever walk off and leave me. 9How can a young person live a clean life?
By carefully reading the map of your Word.
10I'm single-minded in pursuit of you;
don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.
11I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart
so I won't sin myself bankrupt.
12Be blessed, GOD;
train me in your ways of wise living.
13I'll transfer to my lips
all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
14I delight far more in what you tell me about living
than in gathering a pile of riches.
15I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,
I attentively watch how you've done it.
16I relish everything you've told me of life,
I won't forget a word of it. 17Be generous with me and I'll live a full life;
not for a minute will I take my eyes off your road.
18Open my eyes so I can see
what you show me of your miracle-wonders.
19I'm a stranger in these parts;
give me clear directions.
20My soul is starved and hungry, ravenous!-
insatiable for your nourishing commands.
21And those who think they know so much,
ignoring everything you tell them--let them have it!
22Don't let them mock and humiliate me;
I've been careful to do just what you said.
23While bad neighbors maliciously gossip about me,
I'm absorbed in pondering your wise counsel.
24Yes, your sayings on life are what give me delight;
I listen to them as to good neighbors! 25I'm feeling terrible--I couldn't feel worse!
Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember?
26When I told my story, you responded;
train me well in your deep wisdom.
27Help me understand these things inside and out
so I can ponder your miracle-wonders.
28My sad life's dilapidated, a falling-down barn;
build me up again by your Word.
29Barricade the road that goes Nowhere;
grace me with your clear revelation.
30I choose the true road to Somewhere,
I post your road signs at every curve and corner.
31I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me;
GOD, don't let me down!
32I'll run the course you lay out for me
if you'll just show me how. 33GOD, teach me lessons for living
so I can stay the course.
34Give me insight so I can do what you tell me--
my whole life one long, obedient response.
35Guide me down the road of your commandments;
I love traveling this freeway!
36Give me a bent for your words of wisdom,
and not for piling up loot.
37Divert my eyes from toys and trinkets,
invigorate me on the pilgrim way.
38Affirm your promises to me--
promises made to all who fear you.
39Deflect the harsh words of my critics--
but what you say is always so good.
40See how hungry I am for your counsel;
preserve my life through your righteous ways! 41Let your love, GOD, shape my life
with salvation, exactly as you promised;
42Then I'll be able to stand up to mockery
because I trusted your Word.
43Don't ever deprive me of truth, not ever--
your commandments are what I depend on.
44Oh, I'll guard with my life what you've revealed to me,
guard it now, guard it ever;
45And I'll stride freely through wide open spaces
as I look for your truth and your wisdom;
46Then I'll tell the world what I find,
speak out boldly in public, unembarrassed.
47I cherish your commandments--oh, how I love them!-
48relishing every fragment of your counsel. 49Remember what you said to me, your servant--
I hang on to these words for dear life!
50These words hold me up in bad times;
yes, your promises rejuvenate me.
51The insolent ridicule me without mercy,
but I don't budge from your revelation.
52I watch for your ancient landmark words,
and know I'm on the right track.
53But when I see the wicked ignore your directions,
I'm beside myself with anger.
54I set your instructions to music
and sing them as I walk this pilgrim way.
55I meditate on your name all night, GOD,
treasuring your revelation, O GOD.
56Still, I walk through a rain of derision
because I live by your Word and counsel. 57Because you have satisfied me, GOD, I promise
to do everything you say.
58I beg you from the bottom of my heart: smile,
be gracious to me just as you promised.
59When I took a long, careful look at your ways,
I got my feet back on the trail you blazed.
60I was up at once, didn't drag my feet,
was quick to follow your orders.
61The wicked hemmed me in--there was no way out--
but not for a minute did I forget your plan for me.
62I get up in the middle of the night to thank you;
your decisions are so right, so true--I can't wait till morning!
63I'm a friend and companion of all who fear you,
of those committed to living by your rules.
64Your love, GOD, fills the earth!
Train me to live by your counsel. 65Be good to your servant, GOD;
be as good as your Word.
66Train me in good common sense;
I'm thoroughly committed to living your way.
67Before I learned to answer you, I wandered all over the place,
but now I'm in step with your Word.
68You are good, and the source of good;
train me in your goodness.
69The godless spread lies about me,
but I focus my attention on what you are saying;
70They're bland as a bucket of lard,
while I dance to the tune of your revelation.
71My troubles turned out all for the best--
they forced me to learn from your textbook.
72Truth from your mouth means more to me
than striking it rich in a gold mine. 73With your very own hands you formed me;
now breathe your wisdom over me so I can understand you.
74When they see me waiting, expecting your Word,
those who fear you will take heart and be glad.
75I can see now, GOD, that your decisions are right;
your testing has taught me what's true and right.
76Oh, love me--and right now!-hold me tight!
just the way you promised.
77Now comfort me so I can live, really live;
your revelation is the tune I dance to.
78Let the fast-talking tricksters be exposed as frauds;
they tried to sell me a bill of goods,
but I kept my mind fixed on your counsel.
79Let those who fear you turn to me
for evidence of your wise guidance.
80And let me live whole and holy, soul and body,
so I can always walk with my head held high. 81I'm homesick--longing for your salvation;
I'm waiting for your word of hope.
82My eyes grow heavy watching for some sign of your promise;
how long must I wait for your comfort?
83There's smoke in my eyes--they burn and water,
but I keep a steady gaze on the instructions you post.
84How long do I have to put up with all this?
How long till you haul my tormentors into court?
85The arrogant godless try to throw me off track,
ignorant as they are of God and his ways.
86Everything you command is a sure thing,
but they harass me with lies. Help!
87They've pushed and pushed--they never let up--
but I haven't relaxed my grip on your counsel.
88In your great love revive me
so I can alertly obey your every word. 89What you say goes, GOD,
and stays, as permanent as the heavens.
90Your truth never goes out of fashion;
it's as up--to-date as the earth when the sun comes up.






What it means to me:
This passage is totally my prayer today. Our walk with God is totally like a road. Enemies can jump us and pull us aside from the road, but as long as we obey God and we are rooted in his word, we will have the strength to get up and keep walking. I'm alot like this psalmist. I grow impatient all the time waiting for God to give me the next instruction. I love obeying God, but I need to be patient as well. I don't fret when I get insulted for my faith, in fact I feel the holy spirit fill me with Joy when that happens, because I stood strong for God and didn't hinder to the mockings of society. This is such an awesome psalm I decided to take two days worth of 45 verse and just let you guys read them. Obedience comes up alot, as well as patience, and being able to have a firm foundation in God.

Picking the memory verses were the hard parts. I could only choose two. But there are lots of parts I want to memorize and put up on my wall in my room before today ends.

God's truth never goes out of fashion, I love that. It's so true. The psalm brings up perserverence through trials alot as well. Ya, thats key, stick to the word and those trials will help you grow. I know some of my trials have alot of the time forced me to open the word. I find comfort by doing that alot as well.

Great psalm.



Memory Verse:
Oh, that my steps might be steady,
keeping to the course you set;


Psalm 119:5

This is my plea to God. I do pray lord that you will keep me righteous so that I may never fall from the path you have set before me. Lord I pray that everyone who reads this won't fall victim to the two biggests hinders to be obedient to you lord. I pray that we just stick to your plan, and our own desires don't get in the way, nor does the world push away your plan's splendor from our sights.

Give me insight so I can do what you tell me--
my whole life one long, obedient response.

Psalm 119:34

I also pray Lord, that Lord, that when you speak to me, I will remember to not just hear what you say, but understand what it truely means, reveal your word to me, always.

-Brent

1 comment:

Karyn Baker said...

I love this Psalm, too. I like the idea of tacking it up all over your room - what a great way to be surrounded by the Word all the time!
:):):)