Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm for Christ

I was talking to my friend on msn today.

Derek and I were discussing my beliefs and we started to discuss religion.

I simply added my view of how I view Christianity.

"Religion is about Power, Christ is about Love, I'm about Christ."

When the government couldn't control Christians they established the clergy.. and through that power and selfishness took place over love, and the maintaince of this system became vital.

Revivals have occured now and again to show the love of Christ in a way "out of your comfort zone" but if we look at modern church-goers who all flock to a single place to "do" their worship, we are still controlled by the government, aren't we?

Not saying we need to revolt, but I'm just putting my thoughts onto paper again.

I'm not really making an argument, just stating my point. I'm for Christ. I really don't care for religion, or at least my view of religion.

-Brent

1 comment:

Ginger Ale said...

good post Brent.