Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Uniform prevails again.

Alright this is actually a post about what happened to me on SundayNovember 12th 2006. But I had an interesting conversation with a bunch of people in the past day or so that have prolonged me from actually updating my long-over due blog.

Haha I'm back..

Anyhoo...

Here

We

Go!

So on Sunday I decided to wear my uniform but my alarm didn't wake me up at my desired time so I woke up and... bleh COLD WATER in the showers, so no... I decided I'm not going to take a shower. But I still said I was going to wear my uniform... what to do what to do... I know! I wear my tunic jacket with regular clothes on to not get my unclean skin to rub up against my nice clean uniform and make have to clean all of it when I get home... anyways, I do the same when I'm out and about anyways so, this won't make a difference right? Apparently it does. Apparently it's "disrepecting the uniform"... well people are intitled to their opinions, but Christ is about love and love is about compromising your own opinions to respect others, so I decided to take off my jacket like some asked me to and went about my normal sunday buisness. No harm no foil.

ANyways, that day me and my sis were going to see a movie with Ami because that day was her birthday, I bought her a Teenage mutant ninja turtle costume to wear the whole day, but she refused to wear it... why I asked? She didn't have an answer... fun wrecker... ANyways movie had to be watched at 7:00pm... sigh... so I cancelled my Cariboo Plans... Sorry Darren Hails...
and finished it about 9:00pm... took the skytrain home ^_^ YAY!

On the way home a man and his wife were harassing this girl on the train, so the spirit within noticed that she was uncomfortable so I drew their attention away by talking to them, they came over and I chatted up the drunk couple, about bicycles recently purchased for $50, where they were heading too, why Nanimo is on Vancouver Island and not the mainland, but the conversation turned for the better, when the man noticed I was wearing a Salvation Army Uniform Jacket. YAY for Jesus telling me to put that on in the morning. Anyways, after talking about Creationism, Jesus, Sin and it's redemption, and how my testimony works to point out that I was just like him, they had to switch to the expo line at Columbia... sigh... no salvation. But here's praying.

Anyway, just goes to show you that even though the uniform deserves the respect of being worn in full the evangelistic power of it can still be in good use when only worn in part.

Praise the Lord.

-Brent

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very intertesing. I think that you can wear you uniform whta ever way you want to. That was so cool that you were able to chat with those people. God used you

Karyn Baker said...

Hmmmm....haven't checked in on you in a while, Brent, but glad I did. I thought maybe I should correct you on your impression of why I asked you to take off your uniform jacket when wearing jeans and a blue t-shirt at the Sunday AM meeting. It's not for respect of the uniform itself, but rather respect for those in our gathering that still feel strongly about how the uniform should be worn. Therefore, it's not actually a uniform issue but rather a UNITY issue. (Nice play on words, eh?)

Hey, by the way - "no harm, no FOUL" is the saying, but I liked no harm, no foil - reminded me of aluminum foil. No harm, no foil....heh heh.....

Love you!
Bakes

Brent, the one and only, unless your name is Brent said...

I understood what you meant Bakes...

but thanks, love ya...

I meant foil... or did I?

Man I'm mysterious...