Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Chase Chapter Sixteen: The Joy of Holiness

The last chapter hopefully all you readers enjoyed sharing my thoughts as I enjoyed expressing them;

There's a prize for our chase after holiness; I'm not just talking about the reward at the end of this world, I'm talking about what you get when you obey God.

On the day back, after listening to God, and saying, I am your servant 'Use me'. I was filled with the Holy spirit. I was filled with this overwhelming Joy.

I didn't know what to do with it, but I realized that Joy is a reward that God gives us so that obedience isn't a chore, but we en'joy' doing it.

Holiness allows you to get closer to God, the closer you are the more joyful you become, trust me, this is true. I was really close to God that I day, and man was I bursting from the seems with Joy.

Joy isn't just a result, it can also help us live a holy life this chapter states.

The joy of God gives us strength. It's true, I felt like I could move mountains, I wasn't tired I was ready and willing to do what it took to help God.

I was full of this 'RAW' joy that only comes from God.

At the end, the book asks us if we are ready to live a holy life, and my answer is heck yes, bring on the trials, I'm ready to be joyfully holy.

-Brent

No comments: